Chances are, you know someone who’s done a plumbing DIY project in your home. They sounded pretty
confident before they got started. Do you recognize any of these lines? “How hard can it be?” “My buddy can get this
done cheap.” Or the good one: “I saw this done on TV…hand me my tools!” Well, we all know how it turned out!
Aqua Plumbing, Heating & Cooling Services has 3 good reasons why you should hide the tools from your little plumbing
(1) Plumbing Means Working with Water. Lots of Water!
What may start off as a little drip could turn in to a flood if something goes wrong. What could go wrong? You may
forget to shut off the water before removing the faucet. Or, maybe you do remember to shut off the water but the
value was so rusted that it broke off and flooded the bathroom. It doesn’t take very long to create a huge mess and a lot
of water damage.
(2) Improper Repairs Can Cause A Lot of Problems
Let’s say you get advice from the Big Box store, you buy all the parts, get your tools together and you’re ready to tackle the job. The problem with this is, when you think you know what you’re doing you may be damaging your plumbing system. Installing the wrong type of pipe, wrong size washer, not using the correct pipe sealers, installing a pipe and the wrong angle or not properly tightening connections means you’re setting yourself up for leaks and water damage. Your fix may look good and be holding water, but since you don’t know what you don’t know you may have a leak, or worse, a flood in the middle of the night or when you’re gone for a week.
(3) You’ve Got a Buddy to Help
Carl is a Jack-of-all-trades. But plumbing may not be one of them. Here’s how the conversation goes:
- “We’ll be done in a few minutes…hand me that wrench thing.”
- “This doesn’t look like it does at my house.”
- “I don’t think it matters which way it goes in.”
- “Let me check YouTube.”
- “OK, it’s all done. Go downstairs and turn on the water.”
- “Shut it off! SHUT IT OFF!!”
And, so on…
Having a friend help can lead to some very unpleasant circumstances. He may not do a proper repair, he may use the wrong parts, he may cause further damage to the plumbing system or he may get hurt.
When plumbing problems get you down, call the pros at Aqua Plumbing, Heating & Cooling Services. Here are 6 reasons you should call Aqua Plumbing, Heating & Cooling Services when you need a plumber:
- 24 Hour Service – Because some plumbing problems can’t wait!
- Prompt, On-time Arrival – We’ll be there when we say we’ll be there.
- Upfront Pricing – You’ll know the complete and total price of your plumbing project before we begin. No surprises!
- Certified and Trained – Expert advice from professionally licensed, certified, & bonded technicians. Our plumbers can solve any plumbing problem in your home. We bring a warehouse full of tools and parts on each call so we can get the job done fast to get you back to your normal routine.
- Meet the Team Email – We send Meet the Team emails prior to the tech’s arrival so you’ll know who to expect.
- Guaranteed Satisfaction – 100% customer commitment & satisfaction guarantee on every project we do.
Before you consider doing a DIY plumbing project, consider a call to the real pros at Aqua Plumbing, Heating & Cooling Services.