How many times have you heard this: “How hard can it be?” or “I know a guy that can get this done cheap.” Or “I saw this done on TV…hand me my tools!” Well, we all know how it turned out! Aqua Plumbing has 3 good reasons why you should hide the tools from your DIYer!
- Doing plumbing work yourself is never a good idea, unless you have all the tools, experience and knowledge of the way plumbing systems function in today’s home. Not many of us do, that’s why a call to Aqua Plumbing, Heating & Cooling Services is such a good idea. You could end up trying to connect two pipes that home no business being connected, forgetting to install a critical gasket, or installing something incorrectly just because you saw it done in an on-line video.
Proper evaluation of your plumbing system is a critical step in finding the problem, assessing the situation and the fixing plumbing system in a home. Some would say, “I’m just replacing a garbage disposal.” Well, that garbage disposal is broken for a reason. You need to be able to evaluate the reason for the failure before fixing it. Then you need to know all the tricks to properly removing, repairing or replacing the unit. One wrong move and you’ve got a kitchen full of water!
- Your buddy says he can get it done for you. So, you get the parts and he brings the tools. Here’s how the conversation goes:
- “This looks pretty easy. Hand me a beer.”
- “Hang on. This doesn’t look like it does at my house.”
- “I can make it fit if I hit it with a hammer.”
- “Let me check YouTube, again.”
- “OK, it’s all done. Turn on the water.”
- “Shut it off!! Shut it off!!”
And, so on…
Hiring a friend can be a real issue if he gets hurt on your property, the parts are wrong, or further damage is done to the plumbing system. Better call the pros at Aqua Plumbing, Heating & Cooling Services.
- Hire a pro from Aqua Plumbing, Heating & Cooling Services before you get in over our head. Here are our 5 rules when hiring a professional plumber.
When it comes to handling the plumbing part of your DYI projects you need a fully licensed, highly experienced plumber on your team. You can rely on Aqua Plumbing, Heating & Cooling Services to help with your remodeling project. Whether you’re doing the work yourself or you’ve hired building contractors, we can work with you to make sure you get what you’re paying for. When you bring us in to the project, we can review the existing plumbing system and discuss how it needs to be changed to meet your new needs. Or, you may be surprised that no changes need to be made. We’re here to help you make the right decisions.
Get it in writing. Some companies might lure you in with a great price on plumbing work. But, half way through the project they find a problem. All of a sudden, the price goes way up. A reputable plumber knows what it takes to get the job done right and will be able to give you a price up-front with no surprises later on.
Be sure to check with your local building codes. You may need to get a permit for some plumbing work. A reputable plumber is proud to show their work off to an inspector. The other guys may not want anyone to see their work. This can be dangerous.
Look for experience. A company with just a few years of experience may not be there for you when you need them most. Look for an established company with hometown roots. Aqua Plumbing, Heating & Cooling Services is local and family owned. You can talk to the owner. Give Jim a call!
Do your research. Check out on-line reviews and ask for references. You can also call the Better Business Bureau to see if they’ve registered a lot of complaints. Keep in mind, a good contractor will stand by their work. Aqua Plumbing, Heating & Cooling Services does!
The bottom line is you get what you pay for. Aqua Plumbing, Heating & Cooling Services will never let you down and will always be on your side to make sure everything is done safely, correctly and on budget.